How to create a culture where everyone thrives
This workshop, led by workplace mental health and wellbeing specialists Bridget Jelley and Bob Weir, will give you the tools to create a psychologically safe work environment where all your people can thrive.
The mental health and wellbeing of your employee is critical to successful business. New Zealanders at work are now at a greater risk of developing mental health problems and stress-related disease than they are of having a workplace accident. It’s vital that employers are well-equipped to understand the risks to employee wellbeing in their business and create healthy, functioning cultures for their people.
New Zealand businesses are acutely aware of the responsibilities they face in protecting their staff from physical harm. We consistently assess our Health and Safety risks and hazards then put processes in place to manage these.
What focus do we put on the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and the risks that poor mental health has on these staff and on our business?
- Kiwis are working even harder than before and as a result are experiencing high stress levels and burnout which impacts on behaviour and in turn effectiveness
- People are more likely to be absent from work due to mental health and wellbeing than physically harming themselves
- Four out of five people have experienced mental distress at some stage – that is a big chunk of our workforce that is potentially struggling
- Mental distress can include; isolation, anxiety, depression, compassion fatigue, grief and trauma all of which can impact on concentration and relationships in the workplace
Join our one-day workshop and you will learn:
- UNDERSTAND and remove the myths and biases of mental health in the workplace
- IDENTIFY the main hazards to mental health and wellbeing in your workplace
- MANAGE any situations or potential situations that could arise in your workplace You will receive tools and resources to take away to put into place straight away
- CREATE a psychologically safe environment at your workplace that sets your people up to be present and productive
‘50-80% of New Zealanders will experience a mental health or an addiction problem in their lifetime’ (report released by the Mental Health Commissioner).
Location: Novatel – lunch provided
Date: 17th May 2018
Cost: $295 per person
Who’s it for? Leaders, HR Managers or anyone who wants to learn more about Mental Health and wellbeing in the workplace
Facilitated By: Bridget Jelley (Registered Psychologist) and Bob Weir (Business owner, Author, Engineer)
How to Book:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org OR book directly on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/introduction-to-mental-wellbeing-in-the-work-place-tickets-44868005412