This one-day Mental Health First Aid course equips people with not only the tools to respond to mental health situations, but also in how to promote and monitor good mental health in the workplace.
This course will give participants tools to:
1. Identify compromised mental health in the workplace
2. Provide initial support to those in crisis
3. Implement promotion and prevention strategies
Our philosophy is about prevention, therefore as part of this workshop, participants will be provided with ideas and strategies to help promote good mental health in the workplace at the same time as putting in place practices to monitor mental health.
Common Mental Health Disorders:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance use problems
- How to deal with some personality disorders
Mental health crisis situations covered are:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Aggressive behaviours
Mental Health promotion and prevention includes:
- Identifying and managing stress in the workplace
- Identifying and managing fatigue
- How to have a conversation and supporting others to have conversations
- Health promotion ideas and activities
This workshop is designed and facilitated by Psychologists who specialise in mental health in the workplace.
The facilitator for this programme is Bridget Jelley; Bridget is our Health and Wellbeing facilitator and is a registered Psychologist. Bridget has effectively improved the health and wellbeing of people in some of the most formidable operating environments such as mining, hospital emergency departments and prisons.
Location: The Novotel
Date: 03rd September 2018
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Price: $450.00 per person
To book your place, please either fill in your details in the 'Free Consultation' section on our website, or visit the event details on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/mental-health-first-aiders-tickets-47835084024